Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 - Can I download listings from your site to create mailing lists?
- No. The information on our website is copyrighted and cannot be used for list generation purposes.
- 2 - Can you help me find this listing?
- All of our directory assistance tools are available exclusively online. To improve your search success, you can broaden your searches by entering fewer criteria. Here are a few tips:
Try a last name only search with a city. Or use a state abbreviation or name to search state-wide or leave the location field empty for a nationwide search.
Use few words of a business name or a category with a city. Or use a state abbreviation or name to search state-wide or leave the location field empty for a nationwide search.
Reverse Phone Lookup
Enter a 10-digit phone number.
Non-published records, cell phone records, apartment numbers, fax numbers and e-mail addresses are not provided and are not displayed.
- 3 - Do you have a search by fax/cell phone numbers?
- Currently we do not have specific searches by fax or cell number. Although we do have some fax numbers in our directory, some companies do not want to have their fax numbers listed. Cell phone numbers are highly regulated and more privatized, and not available to online directories.
- 4 - How do I add or update my personal listing?
- We receive our data from third parties. At this time, in order to protect your personal information, we are unable to modify or add any listings on our site.
- 5 - How do I add/update/remove a business listing?
- Use our self-serve tool that allows business owners and users to update/add or remove business listings: Add / Update a Business Listing.
- 6 - How do I find a listing if I don't know the name of the person/business?
- We have a reverse lookup option available for searching by phone number. Click on reverse lookup and type in the phone number of the listing you are looking for.
Or you can find businesses by their category or services provided, i.e. General Contractor, Electrical Contractor, Plumber, Lawyer, etc.
- 7 - How do I remove my personal listing from the 411.info directory?
- In order to have your listing removed, please use our automated record removal system by clicking here: Manage / Remove Your Listing. Please read and follow the instructions.
- 8 - How do I search for government listings?
- Government listings can be found in the business listings section. Click on Find A Business tab and enter the government office keyword. Include City, State or ZIP code information and click "Search".
- 9 - How do I search for toll-free numbers?
- Toll-free numbers can be found in the business listings section. Click on the Find A Business tab and search for a business via type (e.g. "coffee houses") or name (e.g. "Starbucks"). If available, toll-free numbers will be included in the business listing details.
- 10 - How fresh is your data and how often is it updated?
- Listing information on 411.info is between 90-180 days old. We update our information quarterly. If you have recently changed your directory assistance listing information with your local telephone provider, the corrected information will appear on our website at the time of our next scheduled update.
- 11 - How often are your listings updated?
- All telecommunication companies update their listings once every year, so most online directories are about 12-15 months from current. We continuously submit updates from our customers throughout the year to update individual records quickly.
- 12 - I cannot find the listing I want, how can I find it?
- For Residential listings, try searching just for the last name, type in city and state. Check to ensure that the name is spelled correctly. For businesses, try searching for business type instead of the name. Type in the category of business you are looking for (eg, restaurant) and type in city and state. All business listings are placed in categories to make it easier to locate.
- 13 - I have an unlisted number. Why do I show up on 411.info?
- We obtain our directory data from a broad variety of sources. All information originates from publicly available local telephone records for published telephone listings. Non-published numbers are not provided and are not displayed. Many phone companies differentiate between unlisted (not in the phone book) and non-published (not available by calling "411" or elsewhere). If your number is non-published and appears online, you will also want to contact your local telephone provider. It is possible that your listing has been published by mistake. To remove a residential listing, please use our automated record removal system by clicking here: Manage / Remove Your Listing. Please read and follow the instructions.
- 14 - I still cannot find the listing I want.
- That number may be unlisted, or a new number and have not yet been updated in the directory.
- 15 - Is there a charge to be listed in the directory or to be removed?
- You can have your listing removed from 411.info for a small fee of $1.95. Please click on this link and follow the steps: Manage / Remove Your Listing.
- 16 - What are cookies, and do you use them?
- The newest dictionaries incorporating common technology slang describe "cookies" as small files a Web server stores on a user's computer in order to keep track of user patterns and preferences. 411.info makes limited use of exactly these kinds of cookies in order to provide personalized content and protect confidential user information.
- 17 - Where does 411.info get its information?
- We obtain our directory data from a broad variety of sources. Residential listing information originates from publicly available local telephone records for published telephone listings. Non-published directory assistance records are not provided and are not displayed.
Business and government listing information originates from publicly available local telephone records, as well as from third-party information providers.
© 411.info Corp., 2016