Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 - Can I download listings from your site to create mailing lists?
- No. The information on our website is copyrighted and cannot be used for list generation purposes.
- 2 - Can you help me find this listing?
- All of our directory assistance tools are available exclusively online. To improve your search success, you can broaden your searches by entering fewer criteria. Here are a few tips:
Use the first few letters of a person's first name, rather than the entire name
Try a nationwide directory search by entering only a first and last name
Use the first few letters of the business name, rather than the entire name
Reverse Phone Lookup
Enter a 10-digit phone number or a 7-digit number
Non-published records, cell phone records, apartment numbers, fax numbers and e-mail addresses are not provided and are not displayed.
- 3 - Do you have a search by fax/cell phone numbers?
- Currently we do not have specific searches by fax or cell number. Although we do have some fax numbers in our directory, some companies do not want to have their fax numbers listed. Cell phone numbers are highly regulated and more privatized, and not available to online directories.
- 4 - How do I add or update my personal listing?
- We receive our data from third parties. At this time, in order to protect your personal information, we are unable to modify or add any listings on our site.
- 5 - How do I add/update/remove my business listing?
- Very shortly we will be offering a self-serve tool to allow business owners the ability to update/add or remove their listing(s) from the 411.info directory themselves. For business listing requests in the meanwhile, please email your full name, phone number, and address exactly as they appear in our directory listings, as well as your daytime phone number to email@example.com and we will manually add/update our database within one month.
- 6 - How do I find a listing if I don't know the name of the person/business?
- We have a reverse lookup option available for searching by phone number and address. Click on reverse lookup and type in either the phone number or address of the listing you are looking for.
- 7 - How do I remove my personal listing from the 411.info directory?
- In order to have your listing removed, please use our automated record removal system by clicking here: http://wpremove.411.info. Please read and follow the instructions.
- 8 - How do I search for government listings?
- Government listings can be found in the business listings section. Click on Find A Business tab and enter the government office keyword. Include City, State/Province or ZIP/Postal Code information and click "Search".
- 9 - How do I search for toll-free numbers?
- Toll-free numbers can be found in the business listings section. Click on the Find A Business tab and search for a business via type (e.g. "coffee houses") or name (e.g. "Starbucks"). If available, toll-free numbers will be included in the business listing details.
- 10 - How fresh is your data and how often is it updated?
- Listing information on 411.info is between 90-180 days old. We update our information quarterly. If you have recently changed your directory assistance listing information with your local telephone provider, the corrected information will appear on our website at the time of our next scheduled update.
- 11 - How often are your listings updated?
- All telecommunication companies update their listings once every year, so most online directories are about 12-15 months from current. We continuously submit updates from our customers throughout the year to update individual records quickly.
- 12 - I cannot find the listing I want, how can I find it?
- For Residential listings, try searching just for the last name, type in city and province. Check to ensure that the name is spelled correctly. For businesses, try searching for business type instead of the name. Type in the category of business you are looking for (eg, restaurant) and type in city and province. All business listings are placed in categories to make it easier to locate.
- 13 - I have an unlisted number. Why do I show up on 411.info?
- We obtain our directory data from a broad variety of sources. All information originates from publicly available local telephone records for published telephone listings. Non-published numbers are not provided and are not displayed. Many phone companies differentiate between unlisted (not in the phone book) and non-published (not available by calling "411" or elsewhere). If your number is non-published and appears online, you will also want to contact your local telephone provider. It is possible that your listing has been published by mistake. To remove a residential listing, please email your full name, phone number, and address exactly as they appear in our directory listings, as well as your daytime phone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow seven business days for us to process your request.
- 14 - I still cannot find the listing I want.
- That number may be unlisted, or a new number and have not yet been updated in the directory.
- 15 - Is there a charge to be listed in the directory or to be removed?
- There's no fee to be listed or to maintain your listing.
- 16 - What are cookies, and do you use them?
- The newest dictionaries incorporating common technology slang describe "cookies" as small files a Web server stores on a user's computer in order to keep track of user patterns and preferences. 411.info makes limited use of exactly these kind of cookies in order to provide personalized content and protect confidential user information.
- 17 - Where do you get your information?
- We obtain our directory data from a broad variety of sources. All information originates from publicly available sources, such as published telephone books.
- 18 - Where does 411.info get its information?
- We obtain our directory data from a broad variety of sources. Residential listing information originates from publicly available local telephone records for published telephone listings. Non-published directory assistance records are not provided and are not displayed.
Business and government listing information originates from publicly available local telephone records, as well as from third-party information providers. Business and government listings obtained from public telephone records will be available on our website via our "find a person", "reverse address" and "reverse phone" searches. Business and government listings obtained from third-party providers will be available on our website via our "find a business" search.
© 411.info Corp., 2015